[sane-devel] Sane API

Thierry HUCHARD thierry at ordissimo.com
Tue Oct 20 07:50:40 BST 2020

Hi All,

I went to quickly look at sane-2.0:
- I agree with @paddy-hack, making new with old is not necessarily a
good thing!
- I found that the difference was in the options. The operations are
identical. It will be easy for a developer to create a gateway from
sane-1.0 to sane-2.0.
- The options are hardware dependent and there, some options are
emulatable, others are not.
- If sane-2.0 is just the formatting of the options, why not do it in
sane-1.0?

Thierry