[sane-devel] SANE Backends 1.0.31 released / Goodbye / Ubuntu PPA

Ralph Little skelband at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 15:37:30 BST 2020

Hi Rolf,

On 2020-09-04 4:52 a.m., Rolf Bensch wrote:
> Now the new Ubuntu PPA is online:
> https://launchpad.net/~sane-project/+archive/ubuntu/sane-git and I'll
> stop providing updates to my PPA
> (https://launchpad.net/~rolfbensch/+archive/ubuntu/sane-git).
>
> The new PPA will be maintained by a group, so changing personal
> responsibilities won't affect the users anymore.
>
> The last update from my PPA will automatically change the package
> manager configuration to the new PPA, so you don't need to care about
> switching the PPAs.

I got an error from the last update related to the repo update:

***Update***
This ppa has been replaced by
https://launchpad.net/~sane-project/+archive/ubuntu/sane-git. The last
update from this ppa automatically switches to the new ppa in your
package manager.
 More info: https://launchpad.net/~rolfbensch/+archive/ubuntu/sane-git
failed to remove PPA: '[Errno 2] No such file or directory:
'/etc/apt/sources.list.d/rolfbensch-sane-git-bionic.list''
Usage: add-apt-repository [options] repository

add-apt-repository: error: no such option: -u
dpkg: error processing package libsane:amd64 (--configure):
 installed libsane:amd64 package post-installation script subprocess
returned error exit status 2
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of libsane-dev:amd64:
 libsane-dev:amd64 depends on libsane (= 1.0.31+git20200904-bionic1);
however:
  Package libsane:amd64 is not configured yet.

Cheers,
Ralph