[sane-devel] Net Client Not Contacting Server SOLVED

Jörn-Ingo Weigert jiweigert at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 20:59:42 BST 2020

I would add, that if you want to do some scanning accounting, that you
should install saned on server even your scanner is network ready.

Accessing the scanner only through saned for the clients, stop bypassing
the server/accounting, especially when you enable authentication on the
scanner.

That the only reason where I would install saned when having a network
scanner.