[sane-devel] Epson Perfection 1250/Photo 64-bit

Ralph Little skelband at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 06:05:23 BST 2020

Hi,

On 2020-09-15 4:33 a.m., Charles Lindsey wrote:
> I have cracked it; well, sort of.
>
> Still using my old 0.999-5ubuntu2 version of xsane.
> Clearly, the preview uses a low resolution scan. So I tried doing a
> full scan at various resolutions.
>
> 50 dpi - banding seen
> 75 dpi - banding seen
> 100 dpi - banding seen
> 150 dpi - no banding
>
> I an still planning to download and compile the newer 0.999-8ubuntu2
> version of xsane (but not today). In the meantime, I suggest you try
> the same experiment on your Epson 1260.
>
> Using Simple Scan, I got no banding at either 75 dpi or 150 dpi, so I
> still think it is an xsane problem.

OK, I *think* that I might be seeing something like what you are.
I get no stripiness, but some resolutions give me a red tinted scan.
It looks to be the same kind of pink tint that you see but it is for the
entire scan area.

I have to say that I only get this if I set the bit depth to 14. 8
doesn't give me any problems.

In all cases, I get the funny thin yellow stripe on the right hand side
which may or may not be related.
For all the scans, I am using xsane.

I will look into this over the next few days. It gives me something to
look at, at least.

Cheers,
Ralph