[sane-devel] How to get debug output for Fujitsu fi-5900c?

Wes Rishel wrishel at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 19:24:48 BST 2020

About two years ago I was advised that the environment variable
SANE_FUJITSU_DEBUG=15 would generate a bunch of output to stderr.

I tried it yesterday on Bionic and failed to see output.
I tried
SANE_FUJITSU_DEBUG=15
scanimage ...

and
export SANE_FUJITSU_DEBUG=15
scanimage ...

Is there something else I need to do? Perhaps a debug command line option?

Unfortunately, I only have brief slots of time available to work with the
scanner, so I am trying to be as prepared as I can for my next slot.

Thanks.