[sane-devel] RESEND: Fujitsu fi5900c JPG compression fails with ADF Duplex

m. allan noah kitno455 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 19 14:31:25 BST 2020

Wes, I'm going to need a more detailed log to figure this out. Also,
there is no point in doing a command line redirection when doing a
duplex scan, you will throw away the back page.

SANE_DEBUG_FUJITSU=35 scanimage --resolution 100 --mode grayscale
--source 'ADF Duplex' --compression JPEG --batch=out%d.jpg 2>
5900a.log

If that doesn't demonstrate the error, you could try changing to color
mode or increasing the resolution. I am trying to avoid that to keep
the log size small.

Then you will likely need to compress 5900a.log and send it to me
directly. If it is too big, you will need to use something like
dropbox to send it.

allan

On Fri, Sep 18, 2020 at 3:08 PM Wes Rishel <wrishel at gmail.com> wrote:

> Apparently my including debug created a messae that is too large.
>
> This time, the debugging output is in an attached zip.
>

>> Working with 1.0.31.
>> scanimage -V
>> scanimage (sane-backends) 1.0.31; backend version 1.0.31
>>
>> These work:
>> scanimage --mode color --source 'ADF Duplex' > x.jpg (produces a .pnm file)
>> scanimage --mode color --compression JPEG > x.jpg (produces a .jpg file)
>>
>> This produces a Segmntation fault/core dump:
>> scanimage --mode color --source 'ADF Duplex' --compression JPEG > x.jpg
>>
>> So does this:
>> scanimage --mode color  --compression JPEG --source 'ADF Duplex'  > x.jpg
>>

>> Attached is the output runnng the failing options with SANE_DEBUG_FUJITSU=15

of my hand"