[sane-devel] Epson Perfection v370 Not Responding

Andrea Croci andrea.croci at gmx.de
Sun Sep 20 08:33:51 BST 2020

Hello everybody,

I believe I too have a permission problem like this, although with other
scanners.

Xsane sees both my Epson and my Canon right from my laptop with a new
Ubuntu 20.04.

 From the desktop with 18.04 Xsane can't find any scanner. They both
work fine with scanimage, though.

Would anyone please tell me what I need to look at and how do I fix
this? I'm not familiar with this 'udev' stuff.

Thank you, regards.