[sane-devel] Q: improving epson2 for Epson 12000XL

Wolfram Sang wsa at kernel.org
Mon Sep 28 10:39:48 BST 2020

Hi Olaf,

> Actually, I've found a reference in my dead tree specs that all other
> values with the one byte limit are supported.  0x00 through 0x39 are
> below the glass plate, 0x41 through 0xfe are above.  Units unknown but
> based on your observation of 0x59 being 25 steps away from 0x40 and it
> corresponding to 2.5mm, I'd hazard a guess its 0.1mm assuming a linear
> ramp.

That is my assumption as well. But please note that the 0x59 value comes
from Alessandro Zummo and was already existing in the epson2 driver. I
did not verify it yet because I was only scannning on glass. We might
need a custom value later in case we build some frame, too, to avoid
glass on glass contact. We will see.

> Welcome and hope this helps,

Yes, it did. Thank you!