[sane-devel] gscan2pdf v2.12.0 released
jffry at posteo.net
Sun Apr 18 17:19:46 BST 2021
gscan2pdf - A GUI to produce a multipage PDF or DjVu from a scan.
Five clicks are required to scan several pages and then save all or
a selection as a PDF or DjVu file, including metadata if required.
gscan2pdf can control regular or sheet-fed (ADF) scanners with SANE via
libimage-sane-perl, scanimage or scanadf, and can scan multiple pages at
once. It presents a thumbnail view of scanned pages, and permits simple
operations such as cropping, rotating and deleting pages.
OCR can be used to recognise text in the scans, and the output
embedded in the PDF or DjVu.
PDF conversion is done by PDF::API2.
The resulting document may be saved as a PDF, DjVu, multipage TIFF file,
or single page image file.
Changelog for 2.12.0:
* Enabled subject and keywords in filename template.
* Switch from Perlmagick to imagemagick for threshold steps of OCR to
* + annotation layer for DjVu and PDF.
* POD and manpage improvements. Thanks to Peter Marschall for the patch.
Closes Debian bug #987059 (gscan2pdf: POD and manpage improvements)
* Update to Hungarian translation (thanks to csola)
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 840 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
More information about the sane-devel