[sane-devel] Release 1.0.33?

Ralph Little skelband at gmail.com
Sun Aug 29 16:48:54 BST 2021

Hi,

On 2021-08-29 2:16 a.m., Wolfram Sang wrote:
> Hi,
>
>>> - Creating a milestone on GitLab to assign all relevant issues/MRs to
>> I am willing to do this.
> I created now the 1.0.33 milestone and, so far, added closed issues (by
> code changes) and merged requests since 1.0.32. I will add open tickets
> later today.
>
> This is the first time I do this kind of task, so I am all open for
> discussion if you think something should be done differently.
>
> A nice sunday to everyone!
>
>     Wolfram

As an aside, I would also like to propose that we schedule a release of
the SANE frontends perhaps a short while after the backends' release.

We have had a request to port our x* frontends to GTK3 (or 4?) and I am
currently working my way through that.
GTK4 has been released and GTK2 (GTK+) has been well and truly
deprecated to the point at which I fear that some distros might drop
support entirely.

GTK porting is not something I have done before but it is an exercise
that is required for xsane also so the effort is worthwhile.

The biggest deal seems to be the use of GtkPreview to render and manage
the preview window, which has been removed entirely from GTK3.
There will be a few other bits and pieces here and there I am sure.

Cheers,
Ralph