[sane-devel] Changing versioning scheme (1.1.0, 1.2.0, 1.3.0 instead of 1.0.33, 1.0.34, 1.0.35)

m. allan noah kitno455 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 27 22:27:03 GMT 2021

Sounds like you are proposing something different from what Till described.
I think what you suggest is a fine alternative, and it does not conflict
with the sane standard:
https://sane-project.gitlab.io/standard/api.html#version-control
We must be careful not to break compatibility, say by accidentally bumping
the soversion.

allan

--
"well, I stand up next to a mountain- and I chop it down with the edge of
my hand"