[sane-devel] Ricoh with Airprint

Thiago Milczarek SayĆ£o thiago.sayao at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 18:00:31 GMT 2021

Hi,

Some days ago I got some help from Thierry and Alexander on getting the
Ricoh (SP 3710) working with sane-escl, sane-airscan.

Seems Ricoh scanners have bad software, as we don't get it to work after
many tries.

I managed to install osx catalina on my ubuntu machine through the "sosumi"
(uses kvm) project.

The idea is to capture the network traffic with wireshark and discover what
"mambo jambo"  Ricoh is doing.

I have been able to detect and add the scanner, but when I try to scan I
get a  "Failed to open a connection to the device (-21345)".

Since I don't own a Ricoh printer (my company does), it's behind a
firewall. The admin did clear everything on the printer IP address.

Any ideas what might be wrong?

The Ricoh printer settings does have an AirPrint section.

-- Thiago.