[sane-devel] gscan2pdf v2.11.1 released
jffry at posteo.net
Wed Feb 17 20:40:14 GMT 2021
gscan2pdf - A GUI to produce a multipage PDF or DjVu from a scan.
Five clicks are required to scan several pages and then save all or
a selection as a PDF or DjVu file, including metadata if required.
gscan2pdf can control regular or sheet-fed (ADF) scanners with SANE via
libimage-sane-perl, scanimage or scanadf, and can scan multiple pages at
once. It presents a thumbnail view of scanned pages, and permits simple
operations such as cropping, rotating and deleting pages.
OCR can be used to recognise text in the scans, and the output
embedded in the PDF or DjVu.
PDF conversion is done by PDF::API2.
The resulting document may be saved as a PDF, DjVu, multipage TIFF file,
or single page image file.
Changelog for 2.11.1:
* Fix bug importing a DjVu or TIFF with depth > 1 and saving it as PDF
* Remove zip and packbits PDF compression options. Rename PNG->Flate.
Closes bug #366 (Rename PDF compression options)
* Don't write blank metadata fields. Closes bug #375
(PDF saving with empty meta data. Don't write "NONE" to fields)
* + Galician translation (thanks to dopais)
* Update to Ukrainian translation (thanks to Yuri Chornoivan)
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 840 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
More information about the sane-devel