[sane-devel] How to read from a sensor including its margins?

Paul Wolneykien manowar at altlinux.org
Wed May 19 16:21:45 BST 2021

  Hi, SANE developers!

  I want to know is it technically possible to read all available
sampling data from a CIS sensor, including its the margins --- i.e.
the areas that are normally covered by the left and right bars of
the scanner's front frame?

  Look at the picture, please: https://ecloud.global/s/H9JE8mXftwS8znK.
As we can see, the CIS sensor seems to be wider than the lamp, does it?
May be I'm just isn't right about that...

  As my Canon LiDE 220 scanner is driven by the "genesys" backend
I've tried to set SANE_DEBUG_GENESYS_IMAGE=1 env var, and found that
the resulting low-level images do not contain any extra pixels. Does
anybody know is it possible to get data for that extra-width areas?

    TIA,
      Paul.