[sane-devel] HP ScanJet Pro 2000 sudden failure

Alexander Pevzner pzz at apevzner.com
Wed May 19 21:14:35 BST 2021

Hi Ellis,

http://localhost:60000/eSCL/ScannerCapabilities: got response headers (200)
 >   HP ScanJet Pro 2000 s2 (USB): HTTP 6293 bytes received
 >   HP ScanJet Pro 2000 s2 (USB): HTTP GET
http://localhost:60000/eSCL/ScannerCapabilities: stream ended at an
unexpected time

I'm the sane-airscan and ipp-usb author. To further investigate this
problem, I need to ask you to perform the following experiment.

1. Replace sane-airscan package with sane-airscan-unstable, downloaded
from here:

     https://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/pzz/

2. Uncomment the following lines in the /etc/sane.d/airscan.conf:

[debug]
trace   = ~/airscan/trace
hexdump = true

3. Try to scan

4. Send me all .log files from the ~/airscan/trace directory (for now,
don't send .tar files)

5. Also, please send me all files from the /var/log/ipp-usb/ directory
(not only the latest file, but all files, please).

It will be a fairly large amount of log files, so I think it's better to
send them directly to my e-mail rather that to post it to this mailing list.

--

	Wishes, Alexander Pevzner (pzz at apevzner.com)