[sane-devel] HP ScanJet Pro 2500 f1 Drivers.

RIK nadrik at libero.it
Thu May 20 13:07:15 BST 2021

Good morning Rodrigo,

I recently bought an HP scanner model "SCANJET PRO 2500 f1", I use Linux
Mint 20.1 and HPLIP version 3.20.11 pre-installed as default.

the OS does not detect the scanner, it simply does not see it, I tried
it together with other experienced friends, I asked for help on the MINT
forum, the answers received were of the order of what we already knew,
and that we tried.

Needless to say, I am very disappointed and angry with myself, the
seller made many excuses and did not take my scanner to replace another
one, dishonest !!!

Unfortunately I am forced to use WIN on a second partition or on a
second SSD dedicated only to Win.

But it seems to be the only way to use this scanner. Can I ask for your
opinion and maybe some tricks to make it work? I will be really grateful
to you.

I conclude this email by offering you my best regards and a good
continuation of the day. I am writing to you as I found your answers on
the SANE website, back in 2017.

Riccardo