[sane-devel] Saned Sending invalid bytes with brother5 backend on ADS-3600W

aman gulati amangulati075 at gmail.com
Sat May 29 19:02:09 BST 2021

hello i am using sane with saned,
 using jfreesane from java to connect to saned,
i have noticed that on brother5 backend when i read a record i get the
length as -1 on the while reading the second record of the first frame,
I am lacking tools and information on where and how I can see what saned is
returning to me in the stream that is being passed to me.
scanimage -d  seems to work perfectly fine with brother5,
also the same problem does not happen with brother4, i am not sure if this
is an error with brother driver implementation or something else.
Any help is appreciated, thanks.
scanimage -V returns
scanimage (sane-backends) 1.0.32.61-075b; backend version 1.0.32
currently running the sane 1.0.32 backend