No subject

Sat Dec 3 12:15:27 GMT 2022

/dev/usb/usbscanner0  (I also tried 'usb /dev/usb/usbscanner0')

sane-find-scanner reports this:

sane-find-scanner: found USB scanner (UNKNOWN vendor and product) at device
/dev/usb/scanner0

# `UNKNOWN vendor and product' means that there seems to be a scanner
# at this device file but the vendor and product ids couldn't be
# identified. Currently identification only works with Linux versions
I'm running kernel 2.4.7-10

xsane report there is no scanning device.

I also tried running 'xscanimage epson:/dev/usb/scanner0'
but all that happens is the scanner light blinks no file is produced and
those error messages I mentioned before are written.  Oh yea, the prompt
doesn't return and I end up having to kill the process.

help please!

			-fjr