No subject

Sat Dec 3 12:15:27 GMT 2022

With this, xinetd is listening on 6566. It also listens on 6566 as standalone
when running as a user.

I did both the direct saned, and the shellscript-wrapped saned.bin. Neither
works, no output to text file. I tried running as a user with the shell wrap
(added -d to the script) and it works, and creates the output files.

Here's a which saned call:
xinetd.d # which saned
/usr/sbin/saned

So I really don't know where to look now. It's definetely an issue with xinetd
not passing control properly to saned, it seems, but I still don't know what to
look at. I'm not running any other server with it, so I don't know if it works
in general, but I know that there's a listener there.

Any ideas?

Thanks!