No subject

Sat Dec 3 12:15:27 GMT 2022

> Does the device file /dev/usb/scanner0 have the correct permissions?
> Can you read _AND_ write to it?
> If the permissions are OK, please do the following in a shell:
>
> export SANE_DEBUG_EPSON=128
> xsane > /tmp/scan.log 2>&1

Hn. This is interesting. I just fired up xsane, as you suggested, and it is fine. It can see the scanner, but with a model name of GT-9300 instead of Perfection 2400! ( Why is this?)

But scanimage -L still doesnt show any devices! Why is this?

Why would xsane see it and scanimage -L not see it?

Also, shouldnt setting SANE_DEBUG_EPSON make scanimage -L generate debug output also? It does not.

Thanks