[sane-devel] Weird behavior setting option on epsonscan2

Thiago Milczarek Sayão thiago.sayao at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 22:27:51 GMT 2022

Hi,

I've downloaded epson drivers here:
https://support.epson.net/linux/en/epsonscan2.php

Scanning generally works, but there's one option behaving weird:

SaneOptionDescriptor {
    name='mode',
    title='Scan mode',
    desc='Selects the scan mode (e.g., lineart, monochrome, or color).',
    type=SANE_TYPE_STRING,
    unit=SANE_UNIT_NONE,
    size=11,
    cap=5,
    constraintType=SANE_CONSTRAINT_STRING_LIST, list=[Color, Grayscale,
Monochrome]
 }

When I set this option to Color, Grayscale or Monochrome scanning it will
return SANE_STATUS_NO_DOCS as if

SaneOptionDescriptor {
    name='source',
    title='Scan source',
    desc='Selects the scan source (such as a document-feeder).',
    type=SANE_TYPE_STRING,
    unit=SANE_UNIT_NONE,
    size=8,
    cap=5,
    constraintType=SANE_CONSTRAINT_STRING_LIST, list=[ADF, Flatbed]
}

was set to ADF. But I'm always sure to set to Flatbed.

Any ideas?

Thanks.