[sane-devel] New "SANE" driver, or sort of "Middleware"?

Mark Dm markosjal at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 21:32:10 GMT 2022

Till, I appreciate your suggestions. I recognize your name from  this and
Printing Mail Lists. I know that you probably know well what you are
talking about. The problem is you are talking over my head. In fact I gave
up on putting anything on github because I am so stupid I do not understand
it . I know how to do what I do and that's about it.
I know I recently did a  new install of Ubuntu and something I installed
was a Snap package. I have no idea what it even means and would have less
of an idea of what to do with it. Just like I want to Build an an Apple M1
binary for the s400w project which supposedly I can do on my Mac, but the
learning curve  for Xcode and Snap together would detract so much from what
I already know how to do, I would get nothing more done on other scanning
related projects.

Mark