[sane-devel] Fast fi-65F slow with SANE

Ralph Little skelband at gmail.com
Tue Feb 8 16:09:53 GMT 2022

Hi,

On 2022-02-08 07:49, Felix E. Klee wrote:
> "m. allan noah" <kitno455 at gmail.com> writes:
>> What debugging messages are produced right before the delay?
> Not a single one.  It just sits there for close to ten seconds, before
> the first message appears.
>
> Find the first 200 lines of debug messages attached, generated with:
>
>      SANE_DEBUG_EPJITSU=255 scanimage -o out.png --resolution 200dpi \
>      2>&1 | head -n200 >out.log

If you don't specify the scanner to scanimage with the -d option, then
it will poll around all the backends to obtain a list of the available
scanners first. This typically can take quite a good few seconds.

Run scanimage -L to get a list of device names, then add that device
name with the -d option to your scan line. I believe this will solve
your problem.

Cheers,
Ralph