[sane-devel] sane-backend-1.0.32.86-911be for sol10u8 sparc

r. a. schmied uwppp at flash.net
Thu Jul 14 21:26:24 BST 2022

saners

os: solaris10 update 8 sparc (bigendian) on eol sb2k
scanner: usb canon lide 200 (ids as genesys:libusb:/dev/usb:4a9.1905/0)
gcc/g++: gcc (GCC) 4.9.0
sane-backend: genesys chip gl847

while i did get valid build [no core dumps] the resulting
images are bad, will provide on request.

i've tried the usual things:
forced calibration, manually generated gamma, specific
--contrast and --brightness without any real change in
resulting image(s).

notes regarding 1.0.32.86 build:

sanei_usb.c: seems lots of variables are typed for 64 bits,
but the old solaris legacy libusb is elftyped 32 so i had
to compile for 32bits.
-- might that be issue?

genesys/genesys.h: loads and loads of messages:
warning: missing initializer for member 'SANE_...' objects
-- could very well be problem.

NOTE: sane-backends-1.0.28 same os,scanner,compiler,etc
works 'fine' so long as i specify --contrast 20 and
--brightness 20 to avoid backside printing bleed-thru.

anything i can do to help you help me, let me know either
direct email or via the mail-list.

thanks

ras
ras at acm.org