[sane-devel] PIE PF3600Pro issues

Ralph Little skelband at gmail.com
Sun May 15 23:26:26 BST 2022

Hi,
I'm trying to get a PIE PF3600 Pro working with SANE and with that in
mind, I'm attempting to get it working in Windows.
The driver disk that came with it is missing so I'm trying trying to
find a driver online.

Now, this is where is starts to get a bit weird.

The official website has driver downloads for this device but they do
not seem to work:
https://www.scanace.com/product/discontinued-driver-download

Looking at the output from lsusb, the device reports itself thusly:

Bus 001 Device 009: ID 05e3:0120 Genesys Logic, Inc. Pacific Image
Electronics PrimeFilm 1800u slide/negative scanner

This is what the machine looks like that I have:
https://www.picclickimg.com/d/l400/pict/302679276578_/Pacific-Image-PF3600-Pro-High-Res.jpg

Elsewhere I see that this model should have a USB product ID of 0x0124,
not the 0x0120 of the 1800u, at least according to VueScan who
purportedly support it:
https://www.hamrick.com/vuescan/pie_primefilm_3600pro.html#technical-information

The 1800u actually looks like this:
https://pisces.bbystatic.com/image2/BestBuy_US/images/products/4185/4185214_ra.jpg

...and absolutely nothing like what I have here.

Neither the Windows driver for the 1800u nor the PF3600Pro seems to work
with this device, at least in a VirtualBox VM.
Perhaps I should try a native OS?

The original box I got this in has a note from the previous owner that
CyberView 35 V1.71 was what they used but I cannot find that specific
version anywhere.
Shame the disk is not with it. :(
Most of the downloads from www.scanace.com (or at least the Taiwan
download area) contain some version of CyberView.

Anybody have any ideas as to what is going on here or any clue as to
where I could get this version driver package from?

Cheers,
Ralph