[sane-devel] PIE PF3600Pro issues

Ralph Little skelband at gmail.com
Tue May 17 16:43:17 BST 2022

Hi,

On Tue, May 17, 2022 at 5:28 AM Klaus Kämpf <kkaempf at suse.de> wrote:

> On 17.05.22 11:56, Klaus Kämpf wrote:
> >
> > Well, somehow your model doesn't like the "Write Gain Offset" call.
> > I need to check the sources and my notes what to do here.
>
> Ralph,
>
> your only current option is to comment-out the respective call at
>
> https://gitlab.com/sane-project/backends/-/blob/master/backend/pieusb.c#L1038
> (until line 1047) and recompile.

Will do!

> In case you are able to capture USB traffic in Windows, it would be
> interesting to see what the 'official' driver does here. Maybe it's the
> call itself, maybe it's just wrong parameters.

The main issue was finding a driver that worked. I will try the official
driver again with with an old Windows XP that I have.
Perhaps running in a VM is causing some issue.
The device I have didn't come with its official driver disk unfortunately.

The SCSI Enquiry info has some strange entries in it. Perhaps I will post
the diag output for that.
Since it is identifying itself as an 1800u I did worry that it had a custom
firmware or that someone had bricked it by loading incorrect firmware for a
different device.

Cheers,
Ralph