[sane-devel] Canon LiDE70 support

Ralph Little skelband at gmail.com
Sat Apr 15 22:24:49 BST 2023

Hi,

On 2023-04-15 12:49, Steve Underwood wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just found there is sane support for our old Canon LiDE70 scanner. I
> can scan with this OK, but the colour balance, contrast, etc. looks
> very strange. I noticed the man page says auto-calibration is not
> supported. Are there any tools to sort out the image quality settings
> easily? Perhaps by scanning a reference image?
>
> Regards,
>
> Steve

I don't believe so. Most scanners can perform auto calibration with
reference to hidden black and white strips inside the case.
For a lot of these scanners that use scanner-on-a-chip designs, that
process has to be performed by the driver code and I don't think that
has been written for this scanner as yet.

Cheers,
Ralph