[sane-devel] Canon PIXMA 490 Seg Fault

Ralph Little skelband at gmail.com
Sun Apr 23 17:05:12 BST 2023

Hi,

On 2023-04-23 07:34, Atom Mac wrote:
> Hello everyone!
>
> I've been attempting to get the "Automatic Document Feeder" to work with
> my Canon PIXMA 490 but after a 1-2 minute delay, `scanimage` outputs a
> "Segmentation Fault" error (which no details).  Below are the full
> inputs and outputs involved.  Note that scanning works fine with the
> `Flatbed` source; just not the `Automatic Document Feeder` source.
>
> ## Input
>
> scanimage \
>          --device=pixma:04A91787_77BF9D \
>          --source="Automatic Document Feeder" \
>          --batch=out%d.png \
>          --format=png \
>          --mode=Gray \
>          -v
>
> ## Output
>
> Scanning infinity pages, incrementing by 1, numbering from 1
> Scanning page 1
> Segmentation fault
>
> ## System Info
> Raspberry Pi 3
> Alpine Linux 3.17.3
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated!
>
> -Atom

I know that there are issues with this family of machines. I have done
some work with a MX492 (that is not yet merged) and it has very
problematic ADF support.
I will drag out mine and try it with what you have above and see if I
get the same.

In the meantime, could you let us know the versions of your SANE components?

scanimage -V

Cheers,
Ralph