[sane-devel] Canon PIXMA 490 Seg Fault

Ralph Little skelband at gmail.com
Mon Apr 24 17:51:58 BST 2023

Hi,

On Mon, Apr 24, 2023 at 6:44 AM Atom Mac <atom.mac at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks Ralph!
>
> I was able to pull down and compile the commit that you mentioned.
> However, I'm still seeing the same output (i.e. a seg fault without any
> additional information).
>
> `scanimage -V` yields the following:
> `scanimage (sane-backends) 1.1.1.415-b171a; backend version 1.1.1`
>
> Happy to provide any additional information if needed.

So I don't get the crash with 1.1.1. It just hangs so perhaps we are seeing
something unrelated to the changes on my branch.
Also of course I have a slightly different model.

Perhaps we could start with a diag log. It might give us some context to
the crash.
scanimage doesn't have much in the way of diag unfortunately, but we can
have a look at the pixma diag:

SANE_DEBUG_PIXMA=50 scanimage ...

...and capture the output to a file and send the file to me and let's see
if we can't figure out what's going on!

What you could also do is run scanimage in gdb and capture a stack back
trace when the crash occurs of you are able to do that.

Cheers,
Ralph