[sane-devel] Error codes returned by Fujitsu fi-5900c?

Jeff jffry at posteo.net
Mon Dec 11 16:48:15 GMT 2023

On 10/12/2023 19:16, Wes Rishel wrote:
> re: Really, for what you are trying to do, you might be better off
> interfacing with the SANE API instead of trying to drive scanimage.
>
> Thanks. This is something I have thought before. Right now I invoke
> scanimage as a subprocess for each batch, so there is a noticeable delay
> while it polls the USB addresses. It would be nice to do that once and
> have each batch start quickly. If I had more access to the scanner for
> debugging I might use that approach.
>
> Meanwhile I will check out scanimage sources.

When I am away from my scanner and want to hack (and indeed for things
like unit tests), I use the "test" backend.

It is not exactly the same as a fujitsu scanner, but for most frontend
development, I find it very useful.

I would also recommend using the C, Python, or Perl APIs for libsane
rather than wrapping scanimage.

Regards

Jeff