[sane-devel] scanimage does not recognize basic long options

Karl Weber karl.weber99 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 4 09:15:32 GMT 2023

Hi,

On Friday, 3 February 2023 21:11:11 CET Karl Weber wrote:
> It is easy, to fix this. After
>
> if (opt->type == SANE_TYPE_GROUP)
>         continue;
>
> one may to add
>
> if (opt->name == NULL)
>         continue;

The sources that come with my distribution, i.e. version 1.0.32, have the
different check in fetch_options:

/* create command line option only for settable options */
if (!SANE_OPTION_IS_SETTABLE (opt->cap) || opt->type == SANE_TYPE_GROUP)
  continue;

The condition on SANE_OPTION_IS_SETTABLE(opt->cap) has been removed in version
1.1.1 and this causes the problem.

Are you going to change this in version 1.1.1 back to the condition in version
1.0.32? Should I write a bug report about this?

Thanks,
Karl