[sane-devel] Library functions in backend

Ralph Little skelband at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 19:15:50 GMT 2023

Hi,

On Thu, Feb 9, 2023 at 11:11 AM m. allan noah <kitno455 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Frontends or backends? Either way, I am not opposed to abandoning quirks
> for ancient platforms.

In this case the suggestion is for backends.
I agree that flushing out ancient code is a good thing in general. I only
worry that SANE is built on some more esoteric platform where this library
is required. In any event, I guess that they could be patched back in for
that platform.

The valid commentary from Zdenek Dohnal there is that the code is ancient
and has likely not been patched for bugs since it was originally included.

Cheers,
Ralph