[sane-devel] plustek opticfilm 8200i : scan in gray

jean-jacques jean-jacques.skapski at orange.fr
Mon Jul 31 11:10:26 BST 2023

Hello,

I don't speak English, so this text is from an automatic translation.

I am using xsane 0.999 and sane 1.1.1 on a Mageia8 or Mageia9
distribution with a Plustek OpticFilm 8200i scanner.

If I scan color slides or black and white negatives in color mode
everything is ok.

If I scan in gray mode, the scanner launches but it hangs at the end of
the scan, so I get no scan (same thing with the preview).
I have to kill Xsane to close Xsane and restart Xsane to get the scanner
lamp back to its original position.

Under windows the scanner works with the software delivered with it.
Under linux the scanner works with the demo version of Vuescan.

Thank you for looking into this problem, and I apologize if this request
is not made in the right place.

Cordially.