[sane-devel] scanner not working under elementaryos 7.1/ubuntu 22.04

Ron Young rly1 at embarqmail.com
Wed Jan 3 17:42:01 GMT 2024

Your message dated: Wed, 03 Jan 2024 01:10:50 +0100
--------

> Hi,
>
> I read https://help.ubuntu.com/community/SaneDaemonTutorial and made all
> configs (except I do not need network access but rather simple-scan
> locally), but still saned* ist not working. I used to do this some time
> ago without problems (same eOS/ubuntu version, but before clean
> re-install), but now I can't get it working.

Hi:
  I;m working on getting saned and scanbd working together right now and
  need to switch between two different working configurations quickly and
  consistently.

  Here is the script file that I use for saned and tools (i.e. simple-scan),
  I run this as:

     sudo sh -x saned-devel-saned

  Hope this helps

  -ron

#
# restore system to a clean state for scanner testing sane only,
# no scanbd with this configuration, sane tools, gscan2pdf, and
# simple-scan work for both root and normal users
#
# THIS MUST RUN AS root!
#
# It works for me, but it is wise to verify that it is safe to run
# on your system and you assume all risk by running it.
#

# clean up test version of the sane and scanbd servers that I'm testing

rm -rf /etc/scanbd/*
apt-get purge -y scanbd sane libsane-common libsane1 sane-airscan \
	sane-utils simple-scan gscan2pdf
apt-get install -y sane libsane-common libsane1 sane-airscan \
	sane-utils simple-scan gscan2pdf

#
# configure sane for network and local scanner access
#

# enable net and fujitsu sane backends only

cat >/etc/sane.d/dll.conf << EOF
net
fujitsu
EOF

# allow localhost to connect to the network saned server

cat > /etc/sane.d/net.conf <<EOF
connect_timeout = 3
localhost
EOF

# add udev rule for fujitsu scanner access

cat > /etc/udev/rules.d/40-scanner.rules << EOF
SUBSSTEMS=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}="04c5". ATTRS{idProduct}=="132b",
		   ENV{libsane_matched}="yes", GROUP="scanner"
EOF

# reload system services

sudo /etc/init.d/udev restart
systemctl daemon-reload