[sane-devel] Add support for old OKI scanners

Ralph Little skelband at gmail.com
Tue Jul 2 20:48:31 BST 2024

Hi,

On Tue, Jul 2, 2024 at 11:29 AM MOON Sungjoon via sane-devel <
sane-devel at alioth-lists.debian.net> wrote:

> Hi, I'm trying to make a driver for the old OKI scanners.
>
> I own a Sindoh C200 scanner, which is the OEM version of OKI MC561dn
> (source: https://m.blog.naver.com/dgwox200/10189835689, in Korean).
>

> On their website, they provide Red Hat and Debian drivers (each has
> x86_64 and x86 versions)
>
> Driver page:
>
> https://www.oki.com/eu/printing/support/drivers-and-utilities/colour-multifunction/44473204/
>

> Interestingly, their Red Hat driver has debug symbols, but Debian does not.
> And they even have a libsane-oki.so library file, so that's a good
> start. I think it's GPL licensed, so it might be possible to ask for the
> source code.
>
> However, I'd like to start writing drivers for this scanner, so I'd like
> to ask for help.

Well I might be able to help here. I actually *do* have an OKI MC561dn that
I use for daily colour printing.
The scanning backend that OKI provide is actually pretty good, but I
noticed that some of the dependencies (IIRC python) conflict with modern
distros and I have not been able to install it on my up-to-date Linux Mint.

What kind of help do you need?

Cheers,
Ralph