[sane-devel] CanoScan Lide60 issues on Linux

Adam Pribyl pribyl at lowlevel.cz
Sat Jun 1 20:54:23 BST 2024

This is pretty old sane
https://gitlab.com/sane-project/backends/-/releases

Simplescan is using sane as backend, but you may try a different
frontend, including xsane:
http://www.sane-project.org/sane-frontends.html

Adam Pribyl

On Sat, 1 Jun 2024, david.maraci at proton.me wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thank you for the valuable answer.
>
> The log contains nothing unusual, as far as I understand, no errors in it.
> The scanimage command does the best job at scanning in color mode, in grayscale there is some more stripes, but I guess it is acceptable.
> Also while using scanimage command there is no jam, the working of the scanner sounds like scanning under Windows, xscanimage also works well.
>
> The SimpleScan GUI frontend causes jams, stripes.
> I guess I need to write a GUI using the scanimage command.
>
> The chipset is GL841, the sane version is 1.0.29.
>
> Kind regards,
> David
>
> Sent from Proton Mail mobile

  firmware and some basic guide on SANE architecture. > Also the scanimage --calibrate does not work. > > Any help is highly appreciated. > > Kind regards, > David > > Sent from Proton Mail mobile