[sane-devel] canon_lide70 feedback
John Scott
jscott at posteo.net
Tue Sep 22 01:29:52 BST 2026
Hi,
I've been using the CanoScan LiDE 70 driver ever since it was added to SANE and have had essentially flawless results; I was very happy to see the backend added and admire the effort multiple folks put in to reverse engineer along the way.
One problem I've been having is that there's a cyan tinge on scanned pages, but I just now realized it happens only when the resolution is 600dpi—for my use case I can work around this going forward using 300dpi or 1200dpi.
I was looking at the Git history and was very optimistic that this commit would have something to do with it https://gitlab.com/sane-project/backends/-/commit/075bd9b7e94aab0c6b7996bccca298460b3ca2a0 ("canon_lide70: faster and brighter scanning at 600dpi for the lide600"), but I've checked out the prior commit and built it, and observe that it doesn't make a difference for the LiDE 70's output. Hmm...
This bug report for someone else with the same model describes the opposite problem: there's "too much red" (in other words, you could say there's not *enough* cyan). https://gitlab.com/sane-project/backends/-/work_items/791
That's pretty weird, right? Anyway I've got workarounds, but I wanted to add this extra data point. Maybe a note should be added in the manual page to the effect that color issues can be worked around generally by playing with the resolution, as is implied at https://gitlab.com/sane-project/backends/-/work_items/791#note_2346410876
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: signature.asc
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 411 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part
URL: <http://alioth-lists.debian.net/pipermail/sane-devel/attachments/20260922/12acf340/attachment.sig>
More information about the sane-devel
mailing list