[sane-devel] Plustek OpticPro A320E (07b3:1826): fifth version, after all — a defect the fourth one shipped

Tero Kankaanperä tero at terokankaanpera.fi
Sun Sep 27 09:52:24 BST 2026


Thank you, Marshall. This was a no-brainer to contribute: I needed a 
Linux driver for this scanner and the work serves hopefully many more 
people this way.

I would hope EU, in it's drive to digital sovereignty and open source, 
would legislate mandatory driver openness to ICT-manufacturers for the 
lowest level drivers and firmware. Trying to fathom what the f the 
closed driver actually does is an unnecessary burden to open source 
community.


Marshall Jose kirjoitti 27.9.2026 klo 3.59:
> I had hoped that someone would respond to your post and express 
> gratitude for the vigor with which you pursued the driver/hardware 
> interaction problem. Sadly, only silence.
>
> Please accept my appreciation for your persistence. I have been down 
> that lonely road occasionally in my EE career, and so can sympathize 
> with you.
>
> Marshall
>
-- 
---
Tero Kankaanperä
https://terokankaanpera.fi




More information about the sane-devel mailing list