[sane-devel] Epson Perfection 4490 Photo
Ralph Little
skelband at gmail.com
Sun Sep 27 16:53:41 BST 2026
Hi,
The 4490 is not currently supported by sane. I don't believe that the
epson2 backend would necessarily help here, despite what our website says.
I think that the intention was that it *could* be supported by the
epson2 backend but does not currently. It is a little confusing.
If I understand correctly, we rely on a binary-only backend from Epson.
Cheers,
Ralph
On 2026-09-26 05:30, ael via sane-devel wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 26, 2026 at 12:44:34PM +0200, Andrew Langdon-Davies wrote:
>> Thanks.
>>
>> If I configure only epson2, sane-find-scanner identifies it but scanimage
>> -L says No scanners were identified.
> It is a long time since I thought about this sort of thing, and I don't
> have my scanner connected just now, but surely if sane-find-scanner
> identifies your unit, it must be connected (via USB?).
>
> So scanimage must be getting something wrong? Maybe you need to specify
> -d or whatever.
>
> What does xsane do?
>
> You probably need to wait until an expert answers. But I think that you
> just have some configuration or permission incorrect.
>
> Have you read the man page for sane-epson2? And set SANE_DEBUG_EPSON2
> etc?
>
> ael
>
>
More information about the sane-devel
mailing list