[DSE-Dev] circular dependency

Russell Coker russell at coker.com.au
Sat Jun 16 03:44:46 UTC 2012

I've got the following problem on one of my systems.  mcstrans is failing to
start because it doesn't like the format of the
/etc/selinux/default/setrans.conf file from the previous version of selinux-
policy-default, specifically the "s0=" line is making it abort.

So we need to either make mcstrans accept that line or break this deadlock in
some other way.  Any suggestions?

# dpkg --configure -a
Setting up policycoreutils (2.1.10-6) ...
Sandbox disabled, edit /etc/default/sandbox to enable it
Starting mcstransd:
invoke-rc.d: initscript mcstrans, action "start" failed.
dpkg: error processing policycoreutils (--configure):
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of selinux-policy-dev:
 selinux-policy-dev depends on policycoreutils (>= 2.1.0); however:
  Package policycoreutils is not configured yet.
dpkg: error processing selinux-policy-dev (--configure):
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of selinux-policy-default:
 selinux-policy-default depends on policycoreutils (>= 2.1.10); however:
  Package policycoreutils is not configured yet.
dpkg: error processing selinux-policy-default (--configure):
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of selinux-basics:
 selinux-basics depends on policycoreutils; however:
  Package policycoreutils is not configured yet.
dpkg: error processing selinux-basics (--configure):
 policycoreutils
 selinux-policy-dev
 selinux-policy-default
 selinux-basics