[DSE-Dev] selinux-policy-default not in jessie, please upload to jessie-backports?

Raphael Hertzog hertzog at debian.org
Tue Sep 8 13:48:58 UTC 2015

On Tue, 08 Sep 2015, Russell Coker wrote:
> On Tue, 8 Sep 2015, Raphael Hertzog <hertzog at debian.org> wrote:
> > I'm in the process of updating the SELinux section of my book (to account
> > for jessie) but unfortunately I discovered that "refpolicy" was kicked out
> > of jessie (and testing) due to multiple RC bugs that have been ignored/not
> > fixed.
>
> I've fixed all the serious ones already.

Where?

None of https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=756729,
https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=781571, and
https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=781779 are closed (nor
tagged pending). And I don't see any pending changes in
http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/selinux/refpolicy.git/

> > And then it would be nice to prepare a jessie-backports upload so that
> > the package can be made easily available to jessie users. You could also
> > try a stable upload since having selinux without policy makes no sense
> > and they might allow the package...
>
> That wasn't the impression I got from the release team when I talked to them,
> but we can always ask again.

Yeah, they're not keen on reintroducing packages that got removed but with
some clear explanations that SELinux is unusable without rules (as most
people will not write their own rules), maybe it will be doable.

> > PS: And I see that selinux-basics is about to be removed from testing as
> > well (in 4 days) due to #795518 not being handled too...
>
> OK I'll have to work on that.

I downgraded it because it doesn't seem legit to me.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer