[DSE-Dev] selinux-policy-default in Jessie

Clemens A. Schulz c.schulz at sirrix.com
Mon Jan 18 11:57:21 UTC 2016

Hi all,

I just read the whole thread about selinux-policy-default missing in
Debian Jessie. Since we also based our own SELinux policies in Squeeze
on this package I would like to see this package back in Jessie as well.

I also want to know why it has been removed and what kind of bugs were
in there?! As removing this package from the Jessie repo will make whole
SELinux in Debian Jessie not working anymore this is a very huge step
and I think Debian had some important reasons for that, but they are not
public.

In the thread someone also says that he is working on a
re-implementation of this package in the unstable repository. Is there
some schedule for this package? Will it every be part of the main Jessie
repository again and become stable? Would be nice to read some lines on
that.

Best regards,
Clemens
--
Sirrix AG security technologies - http://www.sirrix.com
M. Sc. Clemens A. Schulz          eMail: c.schulz at sirrix.com
Tel +49(681) 95986-161            Fax: +49(681) 95986-5161
get public key from keyserver
Fingerprint DBBB 563E C4D6 784D 53C7 CBCB A7D7 CD1A 2D23 9D20

Vorstand: Ammar Alkassar (Vors.), Christian Stüble
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates: Peter Riedel
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Homburg/Saar, HRB 3857 Amtsgericht Saarbrücken

This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If
you are not the addressee, you must not use, copy, disclose or take any
action based on this message or any information herein. If you have
received this message in error, please advise the sender immediately by
reply e-mail and delete this message.