[DSE-Dev] reproducable builds

Laurent Bigonville bigon at debian.org
Tue Jan 3 12:03:13 UTC 2017

Le 01/01/17 à 21:47, cgzones a écrit :
> I rioted in the debian/rules file and got the build reproducible for me:
> https://github.com/cgzones/debian-package-refpolicy/commit/8de642c8d1ddd10c09a1d1521eeb4e0a1da6bfff
>
> I think the only reproducible error was the missing --sort=name option
> to the tar command.
> I used the approach over here:
> https://wiki.debian.org/ReproducibleBuilds/ExperimentalToolchain#Usage_example

Thanks for the patch, I indeed think that calling tar with "--sort=name"
is the solution. It requires tar >= 1.28 but fortunately that version is
also in "jessie-backports".

https://wiki.debian.org/ReproducibleBuilds/FileOrderInTarballs

For the rest of the patch (the cleanup) I'll try to review that later
(could you split the changes in multiple patches like one to cleanup the
white space and other(s) for the rest of the change, that would made the
things easier I guess).