[DSE-Dev] SELinux in Debian

Lev Kuznetsov lev.kuznets at gmail.com
Sat May 20 15:12:08 UTC 2017

Hi all,
Ive been struggling with this for over a week now :(
2 questions:

*1) Is SELinux supported on Debian GNU/Linux 8.7 (jessie) ?*With custom
3.16.43 Kernel (compiled with SELinux support):
Linux debian 3.16.43custom #34 SMP Mon May 15 20:55:00 EDT 2017 i686
GNU/Linux

*2) If so, how to enable some example policy?*
I am trying to use the instructions from here (
https://wiki.debian.org/SELinux/Setup)
The problem is that selinux-policy-default is not part of debian packages
sine it failed some tests... Any instructions I tried to install the
package are not working... Although the installation finishes, SELinux is
not acivated on startup....

Any advice/help is appreciated... Even a 'Yes'/'No' answer from someone who
has tried that...

Additional info:
I see in the SELinux is initialized in the kernel log, but no policy is
loaded and SELinux is disabled when running "sestatus"

Thanks, Lev