[DSE-Dev] libselinux1 version 3.3-1+b1 not enforcing libc6 >= 2.30 during install

Laurent Bigonville bigon at bigon.be
Tue Dec 14 12:27:48 GMT 2021

On 11/12/21 10:26, Mihaly Bak wrote:
> Hello.
Hello,

> First of all, thank you very much for your efforts with the debian
> project!
>
> The installation package for libselinux1 version 3.3-1+b1 amd64 does
> not enforce libc6 >= 2.30, during install. So you are able to "dpkg
> -i" install it on lower versions of libc6 and totally wipe out your
> system. Post the install everything break because of this and you get
> "/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.30' not found" for
> almost all commands, including dpkg, cp, halt and all other utilities
> that could resolve the situation.

For what I can see, the version of libselinux1 in unstable has the
following:

Depends: libc6 (>= 2.30), libpcre2-8-0 (>= 10.22)

Can you please tell me more from which version to which version you were
updating?

I'm quite skeptical here, but could you please open a bug report for this?

Kind regards,

Laurent Bigonville