[DSE-Dev] Bug#1145457: libselinux: FTBFS against python 3.15rc2

Maximiliano Curia maxy at debian.org
Sat Sep 19 21:07:38 BST 2026


user debian-python at lists.debian.org
usertags 1145457 python3.15
tags 1145457 patch
thanks

Hi!

While rebuilding the python related packages against the Python 3.15rc2
version I ran into this FTBFS [1].

Similarly to what Rafael mentioned, I also saw that applying upstream
patch: Replace PyString_FromString with PyUnicode_FromString for SWIG
4.5.0 compatibility (fb518ff492cd6a286f35b415cbd7fd0f6e3faedb) solves
this issue.

I've applied this fix in the sandbox [2] to verify that it builds
successfully, please consider applying it in Debian to get the package
back to a healthy state.

Happy hacking,

[1]: https://debusine.debian.net/debian/r-python-python3.15/artifact/4716983/
[2]: https://debusine.debian.net/debian/r-python-python3.15/

-- 
"Can you imagine what I would do if I could do all I can?" -- Sun Tzu
Saludos /\/\ /\ >< `/
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: Replace-PyString_FromString-with-PyUnicode_FromString-for-SWIG-4.5.0-compatibility.patch
Type: text/x-diff
Size: 1779 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://alioth-lists.debian.net/pipermail/selinux-devel/attachments/20260919/bfc1a723/attachment.patch>


More information about the SELinux-devel mailing list