[Soc-coordination] Deciding on our applications

Anthony Towns aj at azure.humbug.org.au
Sun Apr 1 04:28:04 UTC 2007

On Wed, Mar 28, 2007 at 04:26:05PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> I took the liberty of assigning provisional mentors to some of the
> applications; I'm not sure I picked the right one for some of the popular
> projects, but it gives a bit of an indication hopefully. I've done that
> for eleven projects, which is probably in the ballpark of the number of
> slots we'll get, but there's easily another three or four that could be
> included too...

Okay, more mentors have been assigned since then, so we now have 19
projects nominally assigned mentors, and another two that should be
assigned mentors any time now, if the prospective mentors actually sign
up :)

There's a bunch of caveats with that: I'm assigned to three projects and
Wookey's assigned to two; it'd be better if we had a different primary
mentor for each project, imo, but hopefully we can work that out if we
get enough slots. We have one student who's assigned a mentor for two
different projects. We have a couple of students who're being considered
for slots in other projects. There's some possibility that there might
be better apps for some of the projects than the one we've chosen for
a mentor atm.

Even so, I think we're doing pretty damn well already, and I suspect we
won't have any troubles fixing up the problems over the next week and
a bit.

Cheers,
aj