[Soc-coordination] Scope of SoC projects

Steve McIntyre steve at einval.com
Fri Apr 6 20:58:05 UTC 2007

On Fri, Apr 06, 2007 at 06:46:32AM -0700, Daniel Burrows wrote:
>  Hi all,
>
>  This is my first time helping out with SoC, and I was wondering if
>some of the more experienced people on this list could give me some
>advice.  Specifically, should we accept projects that are "research"
>oriented and unlikely to produce working code?  I'm wondering especially
>about this project:
>
>  http://code.google.com/soc/debian/app.html?csaid=NhoHHA9YVjUXMRAMMwxcUigJdhALHlEIA3hcbEcCEFFVBCABb0JcRg%3D%3D%0A
>
>  which seemed too ambitious to me...but I don't want to discourage
>someone with good ideas if this is actually acceptable!

AIUI, Google are very much expecting to see working code from the
various projects. Obviously, many of the projects will include a lot
of research/investigation. But in the end the students are expected to
present code that can be uploaded and inspected.

--
Steve McIntyre, Cambridge, UK.                                steve at einval.com
  Mature Sporty Personal