[Soc-coordination] DebTorrent Update: New release 0.1.3 (in package form!)

Cameron Dale camrdale at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 00:13:57 UTC 2007

Today I have released the next version of DebTorrent[1].
This is the first release to be available in a binary package
(.deb) form, and most of the changes are related to the packaging

I still consider the program to be alpha quality, though all the
functionality for a beta release is there, it just needs to be
tested (so tell your friends). I run the program daily and use it
for my apt-based updating, so I'm pretty sure it works, but there
are definitely bugs. If you do find one *please* submit it to the
DebTorrent mailing list[2].

The installable binary can be found on the Alioth project[3], or
in my personal repository[4] which can be added to your
sources.list like so:

    deb http://debian.camrdale.org/ unstable main contrib non-free

Once installed, it will start running automatically, and will
restart on bootup, so all that is needed is to modify your
sources.list files to point them at DebTorrent by prepending
localhost:9988 to the mirror name. For example, the entry above for
my personal repository would become:

    deb http://localhost:9988/debian.camrdale.org/ unstable main
contrib non-free

Here's the changelog:

 * First debian package release (Closes: #428005)
 * Cleanup all the configuration options
 * Add a global config file
 * Moved all logging to log files
 * Stopped displaying periodic updates