[Soc-coordination] Deciding on our applications

Anthony Towns aj at azure.humbug.org.au
Wed Mar 28 08:21:14 CET 2007

On Tue, Mar 27, 2007 at 03:03:55PM +0100, Steve McIntyre wrote:
>  4. We total up the scores for each application, and normalise the
>     scores appropriately to give us a reasonable spread at the top.

So according to [0], there were 6179 applications from more than 3k
students. Google's looking to accept around 800 students this year,
which gives 0.129 students per application, and we had 106 applications
so we could get up to 13.7 slots if we're lucky.

Cheers,
aj

[0] http://google-code-updates.blogspot.com/2007/03/google-summer-of-code-2007-student.html